POETRY // TONIGHT AS I CLOSE MY EYES

Tonight As I Close My Eyes


Tonight, as I close my eyes
I think of you
I feel the genuineness of my affections
I feel appreciative of your presence
I once again feel the warm acceptance
That you are a part of my world

Tonight, as I close my eyes amidst strangers
I feel I should have told you sooner I'd be amongst them
I feel my anger and ego slide away
I feel my want for your presence
I once again feel the memory of our physical joining
I feel my fear of losing you
I feel the love I once felt
I miss you

------Inez Anigbogu

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words sweetie, always so heartfelt and personal <3 Have a wonderful weekend!

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhitet.com/must-basket-bags/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my small world and leaving a note.

Recommendations by Engageya