LifeStyle // Poetry: Only in my Dreams

ONLY IN MY DREAMS
Shouldst thou know
That I have loved you so,
Amidst the thousand heads
My heart had singled you out to love

In the dreams of my lonely bed
My sojourn your form had gently led
To the spheres of heaven
To dance till daylight gleams again

All day long I think of my dreams
Pray that you are there waiting for me

Shouldst thou know?
That I have loved you so
You voice has become a ceaseless murmur
Your face my mirror’s image

My heart grows alive and my feet stronger
As I watch the moon float through the ethereal blue
For from out my darkened orb shall beam
Your glowing figure
To dance with me
Till the sun goes up amid the eternal stars.


---------Inez Anigbogu

Read the rest of the collection here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my small world and leaving a note.

Recommendations by Engageya