Wednesday, February 22, 2017

POETRY // What Do You Hold For Me?


WHAT DO YOU HOLD FOR ME?
Would you rather I burned with passion?
That I remained motionless
To woos of this noble monsieur?

Do I wait for the hollow beat of your footsteps?
Or be encircled in the vastness if his love?

Your ambitions fluctuate in my eyes
Your interest in me undulates
So doth your power on me.

Do I wait till love yawns by my path
And I become more bitter than death?

I cannot seat captive at your throne
When I shall be welcomed elsewhere.

---- Inez Anigbogu

Read the rest of the collection here

2 comments:

  1. Love that blouse, it's absolutely gorgeous! Will check it out on SheIn

    xo,
    I AM YASMIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so chic, I love the sleeves on your top
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my small world and leaving a note.

Recommendations by Engageya