Friday, February 17, 2017

POETRY // My Darling Princess

 MY DARLING PRINCESS
Idly I roam the world
As a leaf shaken from its mother tree
Evil and good have I mastered
That I search for you

In my deepest solitude
I envision the width with which
You'd spread those arms
To gather me in your bosom

My palms have possessed a ruffians callus
And I pray they’d be tender on your breasts
More tender than my lips would be

Plenteous thoughts I have thought of you
And I would give the latest breath of mine
If I am told I own your heart no more
But who dare presumes to say as much
Shall have him thrown in a gallow
And who lies betwixt your breasts
Shall have a worse fate.

----Inez Anigbogu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my small world and leaving a note.

Recommendations by Engageya