Thursday, November 20, 2014

Restyling a Bridesmaid's Dress


Having been a bridesmaid twice and being completely unable to restyle both dresses I know what a downer that can be, so when I was invited to join in the November Challenge to restyle a bridesmaid dress at Weddington Way I was glad and I had fun with it. 

For the traditional bridesmaid look I chose a subtle colour blocking of traditional Fall colours to give it a Christmas-y feel.
Weddingtonway bridesmaids dress

Then I dressed it down for a casual day with a denim jacket. I couldn't decide between print mixing polka dots and leopard and a simple glitter of sequins with leopard. 

I did a few more styling, told you I had fun with it ;-) and put in some mysteriousness with metallics, black jewellery and lace-up boots


A patterned cape, because it's chilly in most parts of the world now, and a fringe bag for the free-spirited.

Lastly, I styled my inner glamazon with the embellishments she craves; pulling the outfit together with a bad-ass leather jacket. 




3 comments:

  1. Oh, the cape one is awesome! I love dressing down fancy dresses, I think girls should wear more fancy dresses, it makes me feel so alive! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh these are all great looks. I can envision wearing any one of those outfits. Also, that is one great bridesmaid dress. You can wear that everywhere! That emerald green color is so pretty!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhaha are you kidding me, i have something similar on my blog. Great mix
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my small world and leaving a note.

Recommendations by Engageya