Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Black and White Outfit.


Color television! Bah, I won't believe it until I see it in black and white.
----- Samuel Goldwyn 

When mom tells me stories about the advent of Television in the late 50s I laugh. Stories of how people would walk around the set and wonder how people got inside the box. And the host of arguments that erupt regarding the operations of TV. There's still an old knob controlled set in the village and each time I go home I like to look at it. I feel nostalgic about it. Reminds me of watching 'willie willie' as a kid.
Today, the first day of October marks my country Nigeria's independence and if I might add the last day of this same month marks the 54th year of Television broadcasting in Nigeria. A beautiful month, aye?
This is a simple black and white look for a simple day at work.
Happy Independence Day fellow Nigerians!


Lui Luna skirt / unknown brand skirt / random flats.


26 comments:

  1. Love this outfit :)

    You look so pretty <3

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look. Thanks for the visit.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the different textures of fabric! super fun look!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello darling u seem to have a beautiful blog here!!! wouldu like to follow eachother on GFC and Bloglovin???
    http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! I hope to see you in my blog sometimes. thanks!
    Kisses from VV!!
    www.voguelyvan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So classy and beautiful :)

    mykindofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous!! would love it if you could check out my looks and tell me what you think:)) keep in touch dear!

    Leonor
    www.thesparklinglemon.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. black and white is such a chic combo!
    Come back soon to visit me on…
    Nameless Fashion Blog
    Nameless Fashion Blog Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still remember the time when we had at home a black&white TV, I think my parents bought the first colour TV in the early 80s :)

    Such a beautiful look, elegant and perfect matching to the theme <3

    And thank you for your nice comment on my blog - I checked immediately your blog with the result: I like it!

    I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It´ll be great if you come return to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice!!!!

    http://thefashionprincessblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Particular material of yuor dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your could never go wrong with black and white...classic and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're so classy! :)
    what about follow each other?
    let me know :)
    have a nice weekend <3
    xx
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shoes!
    http://www.maridress.blogspot.it/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/maridress
    https://www.facebook.com/maridressfashionblog

    ReplyDelete
  15. black and white, so chic! you look awesome here, hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. now i knw when they say more is less. simple and classy. pls check mi out on ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my small world and leaving a note.

Recommendations by Engageya